Saturday, April 15, 2006

Thanks To All The Men Who I Carry In My Heart





This weekend I want to acnowledge some men in my life who have affected me profoundly.

They have been my idols, my role models, my teachers and my friends and I am so very lucky to have had them in my life. With the exception of the first three, they come in no particular order but I love them all very dearly and it is through them that I am me.(The special women will have to wait for another occasion.)

First I was graced to have the most loving, kindest father, Richard Walton Ainsley, whom I adored with all my heart . His passing on May 18th, 2001 is still too raw to me that I still tear up on many occasions; a song on the radio, a plane flying overhead, a car driving. Second was my Granddad Albert Wadey, the gentlest, sweetest most proper gentleman that has ever graced this earth. Third is my sweet sweet husband Rick who is my earth angel.

Now the rest come in no particular order; they all share the same place - Jim Seabrook, Rick's predecessor, the late father of my three wonderful children, Jay Seabrook, my eldest son. Jamie Seabrook, my youngest son, Bill Hollingshead, my step son, (I use the term step loosely, he feels like my birth son) and last but far from least one of my very best friends Terry Windrem from Peterborough. My brother-in-law Fred Shaw and his son, my nephew, Mark Shaw are pretty high up there too.

Thank you all for touching my life in ways you will never know and I am honoured to be a part of your lives, too. I love you with all my heart and soul and cannot imagine my life without you. Have a Happy Easter!

No comments: