Thursday, June 01, 2006

Learning

When we decided to become "fulltimers", I dreamed of the day that I would have time to read whenever I wanted to. I presumed I would develop my meditation skills and my spiritual quest would become clearly defined. I thought I would go for long walks to explore nature and learn about the native plant and animal life.

Well, we have been living the "fulltimer" lifestyle since December of 2003 and I seem to run out of hours each day to accomplish those things I dreamed of. Yes, I do read books, but no more than I did while we lived a stationary life. I meditated more then too and my spiritual quest is in a holding pattern.

My life is full and those things I thought I would do just are not as necessary as I thought they were; my priorities have changed. It is what I do at the moment that is important and I try to stay in it for as long as I can to absorb every second. I have learned that the journey is way more important than the destination ever was and for that, I am deeply grateful!

No comments: