Saturday, June 17, 2006

Oops...!

That is NOT the word that Rick likes to hear, especially when it is emanating from my mouth in regards to the car.

Today I attended a Reiki workshop in Port Coquitlam, about 40 km. from here. Because I wasn't 100% sure as to where I was going, I programmed the address into our Garmin GPS system (nicknamed Carmen) and away I went. At one multi-road, oddly-angled intersection I wasn't sure which way "Carmen" was telling me to go and at the last minute, I pulled over into a different lane.

It seems the wheel hit a curb that I didn't see until I felt the jolt and it left the tire with this lovely bulge. The rim is fine, no other damage anywhere else and nothing a new tire won't fix. To my relief, my saintly husband was so sweet; his only concern was that I was okay and that I arrived home safely.

No comments: