Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Today I have gone into Vancouver to spend a couple of days with my son Jay. Because I wasn't in a hurry I decided to take the Albion Ferry to get there, a free service provided by the Greater Vancouver Transportation Authority. (Rick and I discovered this ferry by chance the other night while driving to the airport.)

It runs 600 meters across the Fraser River to Fort Langley from Maple Ridge and holds about 18 cars at a time as well as a few motorcyclists, foot passengers and cyclists. The actual journey takes maybe five minutes but when it's busy the wait can be as much as 45 minutes, negating the shortened distance.

Today the weather was great, I had time to spare and I wanted to experience it in the sunshine. Another time when Rick is with me, we will explore and get some pictures of Fort Langley.

No comments: