Friday, October 20, 2006

The Joys of Ironing

What a crazy title! Really other than "wrinkleless" clothes, what on earth can be joyful about ironing?

Yes, I am referring to that mundane job that some of us do occasionally with a heated metal object to press the wrinkles out of an article of clothing.

Living in a Moho, means ironing just isn't a priority. Let's face it, this lifestyle is supposed to be more casual than that and if you are that fastidous, RVing really isn't for you.

Having said that, occasionally I have a blouse or Rick has a shirt that needs to be ironed. Being the procrastinator that I am, I usually wait until I have accumulated a few items before I make my way to the campground laundry room to undertake my "beloved" task. (We do not carry a full size ironing board.)

Today I was alone, mindlessly ironing and really enjoying the tranquility. I took my time and meticulously pressed each item until each one looked new and I gained a sense of satisfaction for a job well done.

Though I won't go so far as to say I love ironing, I will say that it has it's merits and I found it to be one of the more relaxing jobs I have done in a while.

I won't be rushing out to wrinkle anything unnecessarily, just to give me more to do but I will say, there are a million other jobs that are worse.

No comments: