Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The 3 "C"'s

Yesterday, my day was consumed with the three C's. What are my three "C"s you ask? They are Cooking, Cleaning and Computing, something I actually enjoy doing. I have been cooking since I was of the ripe old age of 8, pulling together my first full meal when I was 9. To this day I remember it well; Oven-Baked chicken, scalloped potatoes and green beans. I was very proud of my production.

Cleaning is something I learned to do once I moved out of the house (as a teenager I was best at contributing to the mess) and it too brings me a sense of accomplishment, seeing the finished product... the fruits of my labour. For 14 years I owned a cleaning service and along with my 20-odd employees, we transformed some often really dirty houses into clean, sparkling homes. It felt good knowing that the owners would come home to their shiny abode.

The computing comes in many forms; I started using my first computer in 1984 when I owned my cleaning company... it was a way to make my administrative duties easier. Then computers became a necessity when we owned our mid-size family resort and now they are a source of education (the Internet) and entertainment. Here, I help other folks with their computer issues, teaching a class and resolving their problems.


It was a good day yesterday, the 3 C's gave me a sense of satisfaction and a balance to my day.

No comments: