Saturday, April 01, 2006

Camping...Not This Woman!!


In my previous entry, I mentioned how we moved from 7000+ sq. feet into 300 sq. ft, from a solid, bricks and mortar (B&M) house into a moving,vehicular home on wheels. I learned the differences between need and want very quickly and what was important and what wasn't. My priorities changed drastically and I learned just how unimportant "stuff" really was. Granted, because I was used to the luxuries of a beautiful, well equipped home, I knew what sacrifices I was willing to make and what ones I refused to budge on.

My rolling home has a dishwasher (yes, an electric one by Fisher-Paykel), a one piece washer/dryer (it goes from being a washing machine to being a dryer) and in-motion satellite television. We have a Hydro-hot water heating system which gives us endless hot water in our full sized shower, a king sized bed and another satellite dish for Internet access. We ARE NOT roughing it whatsoever. We don't have yard work, we move when we are sick of our neighbours/scenery/weather and we visit family and friends all over the continent, sleeping in our own bed every night. Our lifestyle isn't for everyone (it would get crowded if it was) but for us, it is perfect and the thought of B&M home ownership isn't about to happen anytime soon.
Hey, baby this ain't camping!

No comments: