Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Vanity

Several months ago, I broke down and purchased the real proof of the fact that I am aging....a lighted magnifying mirror. I have blonde eyelashes and consequently, without mascara my eyes (which I think are my best feature) are not as noticable. This marvelous device (the mirror) allows me to actually see my eyelashes so that when I apply the mascara it actually gets on them instead of all the skin around them.

In my youth I could see my eyes easily (even without my glasses which I have worn since I was 13), but now thanks to the endless ticking of the proverbial clock, I need a magnifying mirror to complete this task. The negative thing about the mirror though, is that I can also see all the other features of my face up close up and personal too. Things like creases, wrinkles, lines, scars and other less than attractive features and proof of my aging process.

SO, because of my vanity, I've learned to use this fabulous(?) device very selectively...I only look at my eyelashes close up and for any other purposes, I use a regular mirror to see the rest of my face! That's pretty bad,huh?

No comments: