Wednesday, April 19, 2006

What a Good Night's Sleep Can Accomplish


Okay, last night I discovered some pain medication that does work and between it and the two sleeping pills, I slept like a baby, fetal position and all. The one and only pain drug I have ever taken with any modicum of success is Demerol, pretty potent stuff to the average joe. Of course I'm not average and it can sometimes have it's nasty little side-effect....barfing.

Well last night I took one gravol about a half hour before bed. Then I took 2-50mg. tablets of demerol and my 2 Flurazepam for sleeping and before Rick could clear the room, I was snoring like a chainsaw.

Stayed that way all night, waking up only once to pee, no barfing at all and other than the yucky drug taste in my mouth, I am feeling well rested for the first time in over a week. Life truly is grand today!

2 comments:

She Weevil said...

I hope you are feeling much better by the end of the day.

Hugs

Susan Hollingshead said...

You are so sweet,Fiona...thanks!