Thursday, May 18, 2006

Coffee Or Not?

When I was 26, I had this really vivid dream that I was at a huge country estate with strangers who offered me a cup of coffee. In the dream, I loved it which was really odd because I had never consumed coffee before.

Several months later, I found myself at the house from my dream, with folks I had just met and I was offered a cup of coffee. Because I remembered the dream, I tried it and sure enough I loved it. The very next day, I went out and bought a coffee maker, a grinder, beans, cream and raw sugar. That is how I began my relationship with our traditional morning beverage.

I only have one cup a day and I waiver between drinking it or not drinking it. I don't know what exactly keeps me hooked because sometimes I don't even like the taste (it's not the caffeine because we drink half-decaf, half-caf). My problem is that when I catch the aroma of fresh ground beans, it stirs my desire to drink it again. This morning I just didn't like the taste so it looks like I may be coming into a non-drinking phase again. So coffee...bye, bye for now!

No comments: