Friday, May 19, 2006

Whew....


What do the following things have in common: Anchovy-stuffed olives, cream of mushroom soup, a hot shower, an ice-pack, a bucket and a guillotine?

As a sufferer of migraine headaches, and being in the midst of one yesterday, I was in serious pain at around 1:30 AM this morning. All of those things went through my agonized brain as a craving or a solution at some point while I was in the heart of my angst. It seems I crave salt (hence the olives), one minute my throbbing head wanted to be cold then hot (ice vs. hot shower), I went between hunger (soup) and wanting to throw up (bucket) and the guillotine was beginning to look like the only solution.

Finally, after several hours of pacing in pain, I was able to fall asleep with a bag of ice on the side of my head. This morning the migraine had subsided to a regular headache and I am happy to say, I didn't resort to the use of the guillotine.

No comments: