Friday, May 05, 2006

Me and Yellow T-Shirts


I LOVE wearing the colour yellow, not too bright, kind of "daffodilish" yellow, but yellow just the same. (I wonder what that says about me in psycho-babble?) Consequently, I own several items of yellow clothing, the most common being T-shirts.

For whatever reason, it is becoming quite apparent to me that I should give up on wearing PLAIN yellow T-shirts because I keep staining them. Just a few weeks ago, I bought a new one, (to replace the last stained yellow one which replaced the stained yellow one before it). I was excited because a) - it only cost $8, b) - I particularly liked the way it fit and c) - I loved the shade of yellow that it was. (keyword...was!)

I pulled it out yesterday (after only having worn it 3 times at the most and washing it after each wear) and discovered a large grayish stain right in the middle! (I don't recall spilling anything noxious on it!) After rewashing it (with some stain-releasing-miracle-wash) with no change, it is now soaking in another stain-releasing-miracle-soaking-stuff. Chances are there will still be a stain on it when it's done.

The crazy thing is that I have three other yellow ones, each with some writing across the front (you know, the souvenir kind) and they remain stain-free. I also have other T-shirts in white, beige, pink, blue, pale-green etc. that all remain stain-free as well, so it IS ONLY the yellow ones that turn against me. Hmmm, I wonder what THAT means???

2 comments:

A couple of newer paintings 2019 said...

If I get a stain on a T-shirt I particularly like, I either paint something over it or put an iron on decal on it.

Sandra

Susan Hollingshead said...

Thanks Sandra, but I have three other T's with something decorative on the front, limiting what I can wear them with. The saving grace...it wasn't very expensive in the first place and being 100% cotton, makes a colourful cleaning cloth!