Monday, May 01, 2006

Memories

When I was just a little kid, whenever I didn't feel well, my Mom would fill a rubber hotwater-bottle up and give it to me to cuddle into. Later, as a young woman, I often suffered severely with horrific monthly "cramps", a result of endometriosis. Until I had a hysterectomy at age 30 (after giving birth to three children), during those times, the only relief I would get was from the warmth of my faithful hotwater-bottle.


Now, three weeks after some major abdominal surgery, my stomach muscles are contracting bringing back some painful memories. Just when I thought I was making great strides in my healing process, these cramps appear... giving me the feeling that I am going forward 2 steps, then back 1. (I am told by the doctor that this is all part of the process ! Yay!?!)


Thank goodness for the heating pad, (similar to my old-fashioned hotwater bottle with less hassle), because it provides some much appreciated, soothing relief.

No comments: