Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thoughts


Today would have been my late husband's, Jim, 52nd birthday. I would be lying if I said I don't think of him. We met when I was 16 and he was 17, we started living together two years later. When he died, we'd been together 20 years and married 15. I was 38 and he, 39.

He wasn't perfect. What human is? He was my friend, my teacher, my husband and the father of our three children. He was also loyal to his friends (Rick, my husband now was one of them), he worked hard, he was focused, he played harder, he mastered anything he tried from sports to playing the guitar and he loved me and our children.

Certain dates (like today) bring him to the forefront of my mind. I wonder what he would look like now, what colour would his hair be, how much would be left on his head (he was already going bald when he died), what would our lives be like...stuff like that.

I thank him for Rick (it was his persitance that created their lasting friendship) and I feel like he brought us together. And sometimes I miss him, his enthusiasm, his sense of humour and his zest for life.

Thanks Jim, for being.

No comments: