Friday, May 26, 2006

What The &%$#@?

Sane people are sleeping at this hour of the morning, especially when they have no need to be up yet. My saintly husband is sound asleep as I should be beside him. But I'm not. I am wide awake and I didn't turn out the lights last night until 11:00 PM.

Today we are heading north to Mission, BC from Eugene, Oregon and it is roughly an eight hour drive. We want to get on the road by 6:00 AM so we can be there in time to play with our grandson before he goes to bed, so I set the alarm for 5:00.

Needless to say, my internal alarm had a different idea and I have been lying in bed, wide awake since 3:00. I tried for an hour to go back to sleep and now I am sitting here waiting for the external alarm to wake my sleeping husband so we can hit the road. I guess I am more excited than I thought!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Must be a little like Christmas, eh?