Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Being Weak



I hate buffets. It's mainly because I have absolutely no willpower and I, like thousands of other North Americans, overeat when I go to one. For some reason we think we have to eat as much as we can to get "our money's worth", even if the cost of the buffet was really inexpensive to begin with.

Everytime I indulge at a buffet, I tell myself I will be sensible and not eat the crap, the unhealthy choices, but somehow I find a way to justify it and do anyway. My biggest weakness though is the dessert section but luckily lately, even though my head knows no better, my body is smarter. After I overeat, my trusty body rapidly rejects most of what I eat and the only after effects are feelings of discomfort.

Every time I go to a buffet, I tell myself that it is the last time I will ever go, but I know I am lying. I can only hope I am tempted no more. Wish me luck!

No comments: