Saturday, April 22, 2006

Goodbye


My mother died today at the age of 82 and for that I am happy. Mom's spirit died almost 5 years ago when her beloved husband of 58 years, my Dad, succumbed to a massive stroke. Ever since his death Mom's spirit has been gone, she sent it with him and she missed him with every part of her being. He was her rock, her knight in shining armour and the love of her life. As much as she loved us, Christine, my sister, and me and our offspring, no one could replace Dad.
I am happy that she is finally at peace, she is painfree and she is back in the arms of the man she adored. Thank you Mom and Dad for helping Christine and I to become the people we are. You were the best and we love you both with all our hearts. We are happy you are one, together again and may you find the peace you were looking for here. You deserve it!

1 comment:

She Weevil said...

So sorry for your loss Susan, so happy for your mother's peace.