Monday, April 24, 2006

Oprah, You Are Wrong

I watch Oprah and she says there is no such thing as luck. Here I am at 51 and I am officially "orphaned". For the very first time in my existence I no longer have a parent to phone, to be mad at or to love with all my heart. It has left me feeling very emotional and somewhat lost but am I so incredibly lucky.

I HAD two great parents for over 45 years who loved me very much. I HAVE the most amazing sister in the world who would do anything for me and likewise I would for her. And we love each other intensely. I have three marvelous children who love me deeply and I, them. My husband is a saint on earth. I am a Granni to one special little boy and his soon-to-be sibling.

I am lucky Oprah because there are millions of people who have never known their parents, have no siblings to share with, no children to love and no mate at all. Now my Mom and Dad are together again like they were for 58 years. This is how they looked when they were together here on earth and how I will always remember them.

There is definitely such a thing as luck, Oprah and you are absolutely wrong because I am living proof of it.

No comments: